none
Importing Excel to MS Project 2007 problem! RRS feed

• Question

• The matter in that i can't import the example excel file in project2007.

Sources were downloaded from this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb738433.aspx

I will try to explain what i've done:

1. I've successfully compiled the downloaded code sample in Visual Studio 2008(not beta, full version with al hotfixes and updates).

2. Button on the toolbar in project 2007 was initialized and created.

3. after that i clicked on the "Import Project" button, then select the sample "ERM_Example.xls" file, read excel data.. everything is perfect untill i click on the "Create Tasks in Project" button.

Wnen i click on it i have the System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMExeption on the screen with a message:

in Microsoft.Office.Interop.MSProject.Task.set_Duration(Object retval)

in ImportProject.ThisAddIn.CreateTasks(Int32 taskCFItem, ArrayList headerList, ArrayList taskList) in C:\User\Alex\Desktop\Project Add-in\ImpotProject\ImportProject\ThisAddIn.cs string:138

Task ID:   1

Task name: Organize  ERM  initiative team

Outline level: 0

after that i click on the button OK 10 times, the almost same message keeps bringinging up on the screen(in the message changes only the Task ID, task name, and outline level).

4. After the message disappears , "Add the Text Custom Field Column" notification appears on the screen.

5. Next i put the custom field in and excel file imports uncorrectly, Duration field is uncorrect, start and end date are uncorrect too, also i can;t see the Guant Chart...

P.S.

Help me this way please, i want to use thi add-in on my job and i need it to be worked good as soon as possible. Thanks very much for attention!

• Moved by Cindy Meister MVP Saturday, January 22, 2011 6:02 AM Project, not VSTO-related (From:Visual Studio Tools for Office)
    • Edited by AlexAnB Monday, January 24, 2011 3:45 AM
    Friday, January 21, 2011 4:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Alex

The link is not for a VSTO project, and in any case, VSTO does not extend Project, so there's little to no Project expertise in the VSTO forum. So I'm going to move your question to a Project forum.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Saturday, January 22, 2011 6:01 AM