What is the difference between Surface RT & Surface(Development point of view)?

Question

• I am seeking difference between these to. Can i develop same app to run on both which is using wifi direct or bluetooth data sharing.
    Thursday, August 7, 2014 1:31 PM

Answers

• Can i deploy same app on both Surface RT and Surface Pro.

Regards,

pankaj

Yes, you can deploy and run Windows Store Apps on both Surface RT and Surface Pro but you can only deploy and run desktop apps, e.g. WPF applications, on Surface Pro.
    Monday, August 11, 2014 12:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Pankaj,

are you talking about Surface RT and Surface? Surface RT is the "Surface RT 1" and Surface is the "Surface RT 2" (better hardware, thinner).

There are also the Surface Pro devices (1/2/3).

And yes, you can develop and run the same Windows Store App on all devices. The difference is the processor. Surface RT => ARM, Surface PRO => Intel.

But as you're programming on top of the Windows Runtime (WinRT), you don't mind about different processors. Just ensure when you create your app-package that you build it for all of them. The code is the same.

Thomas Claudius Huber

"If you can't make your app run faster, make it at least look & feel extremly fast"

My latest Pluralsight-course: Windows Store Apps - Data Binding in Depth

twitter: @thomasclaudiush
    homepage: www.thomasclaudiushuber.com
    author of: ultimate Windows Store Apps handbook | ultimate WPF handbook | ultimate Silverlight handbook

Thursday, August 7, 2014 1:42 PM

Regards,

pankaj

Monday, August 11, 2014 12:19 PM

Regards,

pankaj

Yes, you can deploy and run Windows Store Apps on both Surface RT and Surface Pro but you can only deploy and run desktop apps, e.g. WPF applications, on Surface Pro.
    Monday, August 11, 2014 12:24 PM