none
documenting solution architecture...examples?? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I'm looking for an example or two of a Technical Architecture document, maybe from Microsoft patterns and practices.  Does anyone have a link they would recommend?  When I say "technical architecture document", I'm thinking of a document for communicating the techincal architecture for the a .Net windows forms based solution we are designing and developing. 

In general, I know what should be included, and I've done several such technical architecture documents, but this time we're working on a much larger, more complex project and I'd like validate my usual "from the hip" content against some recommendations and/or template. 

I'd like to do this for a few reasons:  to be sure I don't leave anything important out, and to possibly set a standard for other projects at my company.  I understand that content may vary from project to project, but it would be nice to have some published standard or industry convention that we can point to and say "this is the template we generally follow".

Any thoughts/advice/links are appreciated.

-Greg

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 2:54 PM

Answers