none
ODBC Connection and Excel 2007 Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have created an Excel spreadsheet that uses the views on the SQL server to create reports based on current data in the tables.  On my computer, if you have Power User rights you can refresh the data.

I have placed the spreadsheet on the network for others to use but no one can refresh the data (power users or administrators).  All these user accounts are also setup on the server and function in all other applications that require server authentication.  These computers are also setup on the same workgroup as the server and my computer.

I tried to also create a ODBC connection to the server using named pipes and tcp/ip but nothing worked.  I also selected “From Other Sources | From SQL Server” in the data section of a blank excel worksheet and I could not connect to the server.

The Power Users Group has been granted access and the users are members of this group.  That being said, I have also logged in with the administrator account which has the same username and password on both computers and the server.  The admin account also will not connect to the server through excel data sources or odbc on the computer in question.  On my computer their are no issues for administrators or power users.

Both machines are running Office 2007 and mine is XP SP2 and the other computers are XP SP3 (only difference I could find).  I have been pulling my hair out for 2 days trying to find a solution but nothing has come.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Monday, May 2, 2011 6:22 AM

Answers