Can’t debug any unit tests? RRS feed

• Question

• We are using VSTS for our test driven development. I have written and debigged unit tests in VS2008 before but now I get the following error. Anyone seen this or know why I can’t debug any unit tests?

The assembly named 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.ExecutionCommon' was loaded from 'file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.ExecutionCommon.DLL' using the LoadFrom context. The use of this context can result in unexpected behavior for serialization, casting and dependency resolution. In almost all cases, it is recommended that the LoadFrom context be avoided. This can be done by installing assemblies in the Global Assembly Cache or in the ApplicationBase directory and using Assembly.Load when explicitly loading assemblies.

Colm
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 11:00 AM

Answers

• I figured it out. I had Visual Studio configured to catch all exceptions. I clicked continue on 3 dialogs displaying exceptions related to the above and the debugger moved past them and stepped into the unit tests and stopped at the breakpoints I had set up.
    Problem Solved!

Colm
    • Marked as answer by Colm Lohan Tuesday, August 11, 2009 11:38 AM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 11:36 AM