Datalist with ASPxBinaryImage and showing a AspxPopupMenu on ASPxBinaryImage ClientClick Problem - or is there another solution for this RRS feed

• Question

• User-557567467 posted

Hello folks out there.
    Again - I really need your help cuz i am facing a problem i do not know how to solve.

Okay i have a DataList containing a ASPxBinaryImage.

DATALIST WITH BINARYIMAGE:
    -----------------------------------------------------------

<asp:DataList CellPadding="0" CellSpacing="0" ID="dataListImages" runat="server"

HorizontalAlign="Left" RepeatDirection="Horizontal" ShowFooter="False" ShowHeader="False"

meta:resourcekey="dataListImagesResource1">

<EditItemStyle VerticalAlign="Bottom" HorizontalAlign="Left" />

<ItemTemplate>

<dx:ASPxBinaryImage ID="binimgVeneer" runat="server" meta:resourcekey="binimgVeneerResource1"

ToolTip='<%# Eval("ToolTip") %>' Value='<%# Eval("ImageMS") %>'>

<ClientSideEvents Click="show" />

</dx:ASPxBinaryImage>

</ItemTemplate>

<AlternatingItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />

<ItemStyle VerticalAlign="Bottom" BorderStyle="None" HorizontalAlign="Left" />

<SeparatorStyle VerticalAlign="Bottom" BorderStyle="None" HorizontalAlign="Left" />

<SelectedItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />

<HeaderStyle VerticalAlign="Bottom" />

</asp:DataList>

-----------------------------------------------------------

On Page_Load im getting some Imagepaths from the Database, save them into a DataTable and converting every image into a byte[ and save that byte[ into the ImageMS colum / field. After that i am binding the datatable to the datalist so that the byte[ images are shown in the ASPxBinaryImage - Control.
    Every ASPxBinaryImage - Control has a ClientSideEvent Click, which is showing a ASPxPopUpMenu - which contains two Buttons.
    What i now want is that i want to know which Image has been clicked. Because: One of that two Buttons is called "Zoom" so i want to get the Image and Show it into a ASPxPopup Control to manipulate that Image (for example Zoom in and out).
    Problem is that i dont know how i can determine which Image has been clicked.
    Is there a way to solve this?

Or if its possible to use another solution?
    I'm really pissed off at the moment (sorry) because i really dont know how to handel that.
    If you have other ways to solve this problem please tell me

Thanks in advance
    - Daniel
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 2:26 AM

All replies

• User-1203469223 posted

why dont you use the

ClientSideEvents Click=" function(s,e){ Show(s, e); }"  />

Now s is your sender, so thats your image, now you can determine which image this is inside your javascript

function Show(s, args) {

}

Thursday, February 10, 2011 3:51 AM
  • User-557567467 posted

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried it but when i use 

alert("e:" + e);
                 alert("s:" + s);

It only says = "e: [object Object]" "s: [object Object]"

So how can i now go further with that... little confused

Thursday, February 10, 2011 5:09 AM
  • User-1203469223 posted

function Show(image, testvalue) {
            alert(testvalue);
            alert(image.GetValue());
          }

="funtion(s,e) { Show(s,e.GetValue()); }"

http://documentation.devexpress.com/#AspNet/DevExpressWebASPxEditorsScriptsASPxClientBinaryImageMembersTopicAll

is the list of all clientside methods and properties

Saturday, February 12, 2011 10:25 AM
  • User-557567467 posted

Does not work - and yes i noticed that you wrote "funtion" and not "function" ;)

Monday, February 14, 2011 4:38 AM