none
Party with same ISA and Different GS02/GS03 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a requirement to create a party with same ISA and different GS02/GS03. We have over two hundred GS02 and receive 850 from each of them. we send 810 to most of them. Which is optimal way to create a party?
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 2:35 PM

Answers

• Since you are reusing some details, I would recommend going with the binding approach. First, create the party in the party properties and specify all of the relevant EDI details. Then export the binding and copy it for all of the different parties you want to create. Then open up one of the copies in an Xml editor and find the GS02/GS03 fields. You will be able to modify these fields with the alternate values. You will also want to modify the party name in the binding file.

Then you can import each of the bindings using a batch file using btstask. The import binding command is at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa560656.aspx.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:15 PM

All replies

• Since you are reusing some details, I would recommend going with the binding approach. First, create the party in the party properties and specify all of the relevant EDI details. Then export the binding and copy it for all of the different parties you want to create. Then open up one of the copies in an Xml editor and find the GS02/GS03 fields. You will be able to modify these fields with the alternate values. You will also want to modify the party name in the binding file.

Then you can import each of the bindings using a batch file using btstask. The import binding command is at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa560656.aspx.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:15 PM
  • Different GS02/GS03 combination won't be an issue while receiving X12 850 messages. You can configure a single party as sender with ISA sender and receiver ids.

But while sending it's an issue. We had a similar problem where same partner had to receive 810 messages with different GS02/GS03 combinations. But party configuration doesn't allow multiple GS02/GS03 entries with same message type. The workaround suggested by MS is as follows.

1. Create multiple schemas of 810 with different namespaces.. i.e in our case we deployed multiple 810 schemas with namespaces... http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12/2006/810/001 to http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12/2006/810/010

2. We had a generic orchestration which does a database lookup and retrieve the GS02/GS03 and namespace from database
    3. Generic orchestration will convert the standard namespace to the one retrieved from database, and persisit the modified xml to message box
    4. In your party configuration, now you can add multiple entries for 810 with different GS02/GS03 values, along with the new namespaces configured in database.

But in your case there are hundereds of GS02, I'm not sure how much feasible it will be. In our case we had only 10-20 different GS02s to be configured.

Genuine Basil
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:29 PM
  • Different GS02/GS03 combination won't be an issue while receiving X12 850 messages. You can configure a single party as sender with ISA sender and receiver ids.

But while sending it's an issue. We had a similar problem where same partner had to receive 810 messages with different GS02/GS03 combinations. But party configuration doesn't allow multiple GS02/GS03 entries with same message type. The workaround suggested by MS is as follows.

1. Create multiple schemas of 810 with different namespaces.. i.e in our case we deployed multiple 810 schemas with namespaces...

2. We had a generic orchestration which does a database lookup and retrieve the GS02/GS03 and namespace from database
    3. Generic orchestration will convert the standard namespace to the one retrieved from database, and persisit the modified xml to message box
    4. In your party configuration, now you can add multiple entries for 810 with different GS02/GS03 values, along with the new namespaces configured in database.

But in your case there are hundereds of GS02, I'm not sure how much feasible it will be. In our case we had only 10-20 different GS02s to be configured.

Genuine Basil

I am having this same issue. however my trading party only has 2 different GS02/GS03 combos.

I am still a little confused about how to do this would you mind sending more detail?

Thursday, July 10, 2014 7:17 PM
  • As this thread is very old and closed, I recommend you open a new one with details of your specific situation.
    Thursday, July 10, 2014 8:40 PM