none
W10 LTSB 2016 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I see it is on MSDN.

However, I'm not finding Gesture Filter. Does anyone know what other embedded gubbins are missing?

=^x^=

Monday, August 15, 2016 11:49 PM

All replies

• There is no real Gesture Filter - Gestures are part of Explorer.exe Change the shell to something else gets rid of gestures.

This post in the IoT forum is the answer from Microsoft: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3141c551-6b3a-4451-8906-f808fbc39432/windows-10-iot-enterprise-touchscreen-edge-gestures?forum=WindowsIoT

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 12:54 AM
  • Thanks.

Are there any other gotchas I should know about?

So we have to redesign our signage application for W10. Well, it really needed a smarter design anyway, being ass backward for touch as it is.

I'm prety certain that changing the shell would induce panic in our developers (and huge bills for pills) so that avenue is likely out. They still think dot net 3.5 is the bee's knees and use WPF. >_<!

=^x^=

• Edited by P 'Bunny' E Tuesday, August 16, 2016 1:17 AM update
    Tuesday, August 16, 2016 1:16 AM
  • I just tried the keyboard filter and it doesn't appear to be working. If you need it, you might want to try it first. Hopefully, you have better success.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 3:58 PM
  • Yep we have just discovered that the keyboard filter does not work (as do many things!). Is this likely to ever be fixed via an update?

We have to decide whether to persevere with 2016 or just go back to 2015 which seems to work better for us.

Monday, October 3, 2016 3:03 PM
  • I learned a week ago that the keyboard filter works. The solution is to turn on the keyboard filter service on. If you want it on after the OS installs, add two pass 7 sync commands to start the service and change the status to start on boot.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Monday, October 3, 2016 8:57 PM
  • Awesome. I still haven't got beyond firing up SIM.

Are you going to write a "W10 embedded, all the questions you asked but were unable to find answers to" book then?

=^x^=

Monday, October 3, 2016 11:37 PM
  • John and I are working on it. We had to wait for the LTSB 2016 to be released. I was hoping for more changes and fixes, but getting the keyboard filter back is what I will take.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 4:32 AM