none
Unable to get the Function URL! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I just created a new function within an existing Function App ...but I am unable to retrieve the Function URL! The 'Get Function URL'  returns blank and there is a warning that says: The Keys feature is not available because Authentication/Authorization is enabled for this Function App.

My app authentication/authorization is NOT enabled. I think this started happening after the latest update to the Functions portal. BTW...I am editing my function apps using source control...so I am not editing in the portal. Is there an easier/different way to retrieve the function URL?

Regards 

Khaled Hikmat

Thursday, April 20, 2017 5:31 AM

Answers

• Hi there, I'm a member of the functions engineering team.

Apologies for this, it was a procedural screwup on our side, the wrong bits got deployed. We've already figured out where our deployment process broke down and how to make sure we don't make the same mistake again.

Sorry again for the trouble,

Paul

Thursday, April 20, 2017 8:59 PM

All replies

• I'm having the exact same issue. My circumstances are somewhat different, however. I had an existing Function App that worked a month ago, but when I went to retrieve the primary access key I'm receiving the same warning as above, despite not having made any changes to the settings since last month.

I decided to start fresh, since I was moving resources around anyway - deleting the original Function App and creating a new one in another resource group - and I'm seeing errors: The function URL popup is blank, clicking the copy button pastes a single space to the clipboard, and the "The Keys feature ..." message is still displaying, no matter how I configure authentication.

My Function App was meant to serve as a layer between my client's desktop app and our Azure SQL database, so authenticating with Facebook or any other provider is not a viable option. I do hope this is cleared up soon. In the meantime I'll be following this thread very closely.

Anyway, you should be able to extrapolate the URL from the base URL displayed in the overview and the name of the function app, in the form: https://XXXXX.azurewebsites.net/api/{function_name}

Thursday, April 20, 2017 5:49 AM
  • Yes! I am having the same issue too! I really hope this is fixed ASAP!

There is a temp workaround from Ling Toh:

Temp workaround, launch the Kudu console. You should see a url like [functionapp].scm.azurewebsites.net

Thursday, April 20, 2017 6:39 AM
  • Wait a minute ....I just checked on my functions apps and now I can see the new function URL! This was not working a few hours ago. Anyway, I think I am ok now. It will be nice to find out what happened though.

Khaled Hikmat

Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:41 PM
  • Hi there, I'm a member of the functions engineering team.

Apologies for this, it was a procedural screwup on our side, the wrong bits got deployed. We've already figured out where our deployment process broke down and how to make sure we don't make the same mistake again.

Sorry again for the trouble,

Paul

Thursday, April 20, 2017 8:59 PM
  • It happens. I'm just relieved it was sorted so quickly! I have an app to demo to a client early next week, and I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to rearchitect the system. :)
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:55 PM
  • Ok...thank you!

Khaled Hikmat

Friday, April 21, 2017 10:03 AM
  • This is still happening to me as well, on September 15, 2017.  Any permanent resolution in sight?
    Friday, September 15, 2017 10:35 PM