Network Latency When Trying To Access VM RRS feed

• Question

• We had the user @MongoTEL engage us via Twitter and they are experiencing network latency when using SSH to access their virtual machine in US East. They ran a speed test from their instance and they realized it was not a console or machine issue but a network issue.. They are running a linux debian VM and the fastest results they have seen was 56.1KB/s download from the machine. Any assistance for this user would be appreciated.

Thanks,

@AzureSupport

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 1:40 AM

Answers

• Somstimes, if the Internet bandwoth is poor (like this case), you can do the folloiwng to push the VM to be deployed to another host :

- Stop the VM (Deallocated)

- Resize the VM

- Start the VM

- Check the connection and if the problem was solved

- Resize the VM to the original size

If you are using an ARM VM, you can first use the Redeploy option :

Regards, Samir Farhat || Datacenter Consultant || The way to share my knowledge with the community https://BuildWindows.wordpress.com

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 12:44 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

From where are you accessing the VM through RDP(Onpremise using VPN or from internet)?

What is your network bandwidth?

What is the latency that you get while accessing RDP?

How are you calculating the latency?

Alternatively check with your ISP to see if there is any throttling on the network. We don't offer any speed in Azure as it depends on may factors and routes before reaching the Azure datacenter.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Dipin Mathew.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 5:56 PM
  • Somstimes, if the Internet bandwoth is poor (like this case), you can do the folloiwng to push the VM to be deployed to another host :

- Stop the VM (Deallocated)

- Resize the VM

- Start the VM

- Check the connection and if the problem was solved

- Resize the VM to the original size

If you are using an ARM VM, you can first use the Redeploy option :

Regards, Samir Farhat || Datacenter Consultant || The way to share my knowledge with the community https://BuildWindows.wordpress.com

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 12:44 PM