none
Correlate 997 With EDI Sent out using BAM activity RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I am creating a custom pipeline component accompanied with a orchestration to create a correlation between all outbound messages and inbound 997 functional acknowledges. Currently my custom pipeline and the orchestration are working fine; however it has been a lot of logic and code developed to accomplish the correlation.

I was reading a section in the book: Pro EDI in BizTalk Server 2006 R2

http://www.apress.com/book/view/1590599357

Regarding BizTalk Engine can do this correlation automatically.

This is a fragment taken of the book:

When configuring BizTalk to expect an acknowledgment from a trading partner, a BAM activity is created
    the moment the EDI document is sent, and this activity is what the returned acknowledgment is correlated to. Without
    this activity, there is no way to determine which acknowledgment is a result of which original EDI document, unless
    a custom orchestration has been created that manages this correlation itself. This correlation process is performed
    automatically by the BizTalk engine.

Well; I would like to develop my correlation using BAM activity however I have not found any technical information how to accomplish that.

Has someone developed this correlation using BAM?

Does someone have any technical resources(Info, Internet Links, etc) in order to developed this correlation in BAM?

Any comment will be appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Pablo

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 5:31 PM

Answers

• You should look at the EDI Status Reporting. This relies on BAM and can help you correlate received messages and sent 997s. Here is a link for more detail on what these reports provide: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727932.aspx,

I am not sure how to pull this report out of the BizTalk Admin console into a standard BAM view though.

Thanks,

Thursday, November 13, 2008 3:28 AM

All replies