none
Unable To See Files In File Share

Question

• From @urields via Twitter,

We had a customer come in today saying that they are unable to view the files in their file share. They are currently seeing the message "FileSharesGridPartViewModelInstance" instead of their files. Any assistance to help them see their files again would be appreciated.                       

Thanks,
    @AzureSupport

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 12:40 AM

All replies

• Hello Urields,

Thank you for contacting us.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/canitpro/archive/2014/09/23/step-by-step-create-a-file-share-in-azure.aspx

Are you using netuse to access the share?

Could you please provide me the steps that you have taken to access it. If possible, could you please share the screen shot of the error?

Regards,

Dipin Mathew.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 6:12 PM
  • Urields,

What type of application is this and can you debug and see if file call is returning any files? Also, can you mount and see if you can view files? Let us know, thanks. 

Thursday, March 24, 2016 12:12 AM
  • Hello Dipin.

The access is as follows: I have a powershell script to upload backup files in a regular basis using azcopy, that works fine, however my customer uses the web interface (attached) to download such files when something goes wrong, however last Tuesday we were unable to see the files to download them, and instead we got the message filsharegridpartviewmodelInstance. Today the files are visible again but my question is what happened?, how can i avoid that issue?, how to explain the issue to my customer? and how to help him to get their files in such cases?
    I attach an image hopping it can be useful.

Kind regards.
    Uriel

Thursday, March 24, 2016 7:57 PM
  • Hello,

Glad that the issue got resolved. At this point, I cant tell a reason why it failed. This needs further investigation.

I would recommend to open a support ticket if the issue happens again so that we can find the RCA on this.

Regards,

Dipin Mathew.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 6:37 PM