none
A Continuous Form in VB.Net (like in Microsoft Access) RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a form that displays data  like a continues Form, like in Access continuous Form.

I will be using the Form to serve as a Reminder and I therefore need to include buttons giving the user the ability to make their selection, for example: Display Reminder, Time to Remind, Snooze the Reminder for 15 minutes, 1 day etc.

How can I create such a form which will give me the above possibilites, and include 10 different Reminders for 10 separate clients at a time.?

Thursday, February 28, 2019 8:09 PM

All replies

• Hello,

If this is what you mean, this is called master-detail and if so with the proper database table relations this is possible to easily display the data and filter. Doing additions, updates and removal of data is easy to but requires a fair amount of code.

If this is the case let me know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Friday, March 1, 2019 11:16 AM
  • this a sample i need in in vb.net

Friday, March 1, 2019 4:35 PM
  • The best option is to look at the TableLayourPanel.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by MosheS Singer Monday, March 4, 2019 5:47 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by MosheS Singer Tuesday, March 5, 2019 8:02 PM
    Friday, March 1, 2019 4:57 PM
  • I was wondering if the in the sample code that you are showing, is the information in the second row, automatically repeated from the first row, or did you fill in the second row with the same fields again, in order for the second row to display again the same fields with the next records data. 

I tried to add the TablePanelControl but it is not displaying the second row of information from the next record's fields, and there are approximately 300 records in the underlying dataset.

What must I do to have all the records displayed continuously one row after the other?

Monday, March 4, 2019 5:00 PM
  • First thing is for you to show what has been tried and failed.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Monday, March 4, 2019 5:07 PM
  • Hello MosheS,

I have the exact same issue. Did you resolve it? If so how? I don't see the final answer in this thread

Regards

Johan

Monday, May 27, 2019 9:12 AM