none
Gallery size limit? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.

It's been a long time. 

Back when Office 2007 came out, and we were scrambling to convert our macros to be usable from the, then new, Ribbon, Ron DeBruin had helped me create a gallery. https://www.rondebruin.nl/

I'd followed his code, and subsequent modifications resulted in it working exactly as I wanted. 

After a few months, I'd wanted to increase the size of the gallery content, but let it go figuring it's just too large. I'm finally at the point where I want to find out if there's a size limit to the gallery. 

I've created a grid of icons for my gallery, which is 4675 elements-- 85 rows, by 55 columns. 

The count is only 3165, but that's still really humongous. 

And not having done anything this large before, I searched the forum, as well as google, and do not find anything on this. 

And to go from there-- yes, I am thinking it'd probably be more functionally sound to just create a series of galleries, instead of a single gallery. 

But for the time being, I wanted to ask--- is anyone aware of a row/column size limit for the gallery in Excel? 

TYIA.

SteveB.

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 7:12 PM

Answers