WriteableBitmap(BitmapSource) support. RRS feed

• Question

• This thread on this specific forum indicates constructor WriteableBitmap(BitmapSource) is supported. It actually has code showing how to use it.  However, I cannot get it in my WS app.  I am wondering if the method has been removed since that question, I am missing some reference that enables this, or I have misunderstood the posts of the thread.

Hong

Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:24 PM

Answers

• WritableBitmap(BitmapSource) is not supported. For Windows 8.1 you can get similar behavior with RenderTargetBitmap

Check the date on the thread you link: it is from the Windows 8 developer preview. WritableBitmap(BitmapSource) never worked consistently and was removed for the consumer preview. For current information on supported classes please use the documentation or object browser.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Hong (MA, USA) Thursday, December 19, 2013 4:11 PM
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:58 PM

All replies

• WritableBitmap(BitmapSource) is not supported. For Windows 8.1 you can get similar behavior with RenderTargetBitmap

Check the date on the thread you link: it is from the Windows 8 developer preview. WritableBitmap(BitmapSource) never worked consistently and was removed for the consumer preview. For current information on supported classes please use the documentation or object browser.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Hong (MA, USA) Thursday, December 19, 2013 4:11 PM
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:58 PM
  • Thanks a lot, Rob.

Hong

Thursday, December 19, 2013 4:14 PM