Visual Basic compiler Error RRS feed

• Question

• hi,
    our application has a website and 5 projects in the solution.the 5 projects contains the class files of the aspx classified based on the modules in to 5 different project.

when i am running my application in debug mode,when i need to make a change to any class file in any of the 5 project,i stop the debugging and when i edit that file,Visual basic compiler error keeps on occurring until i close the project or sometimes my development environment itself restarts.i am using VS2005.

PS:The error doesnt come when i make changes 1st time,it occurs only when i stop the debugging and then make changes.

regards,
    jj 
    Monday, November 23, 2009 5:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Could you please tell us if we rebuild the class library project after modification? What's the compiler error say? Please using Copy Local when adding reference to our website project.

Thanks a lot!
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework!
    Monday, November 23, 2009 5:59 AM
  • thanx for ur response.

first of all it when i tried to edit itself its starts throwing Visual basic compiler error.just typing a character itself initiates the error message.
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 6:02 AM
  • Hello jackajay,

I have found a similar issue in our connect site:
    https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=106357&wa=wsignin1.0
    Based on our product team's feedback, this is a known bug for the VB compiler. Please check if we have the same sympton and the error code/error message("System Error &H8013141e")

I encourage you upgrade to Visual Studio 2008 and evaluate the issue.

Thanks a lot!
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework!
    • Marked as answer by liurong luo Friday, November 27, 2009 5:13 AM
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 2:31 AM