none
prst circularArrow guide issue RRS feed

• Question

• In the presetShapeDefinitions.xml document, I think there may be an issue with one of the guides, in particular xC. (I know there are documented issues with duplicated guides in this particular shape - I don't believe that has anything to do with it).

Creating at preset shape with a cx/cy of 914400. In XML, modify its avList to:

<a:avLst>
      <a:gd name="adj1" fmla="val 12500"/>
      <a:gd name="adj2" fmla="val 3403634"/>
      <a:gd name="adj3" fmla="val 20457681"/>
      <a:gd name="adj4" fmla="val 3910596"/>
      <a:gd name="adj5" fmla="val 0"/>
    </a:avLst>

This produces:

correct image

However, now take the same shape, leave the avLst the same, modify it to a custGeom and copy and past the definition (without the avList) of circularArrow from the presentShapeDefinitions.xml document. The result is this:

The vast majority of the time (that I've tested), the definition matches the shape for both preset and custom geometries. There appear to be certain circumstances where they don't match however - as said above, I believe it comes down to an incorrect xC value.

Here's another test with a different avLst:

<a:avLst>
      <a:gd name="adj1" fmla="val 12500"/>
      <a:gd name="adj2" fmla="val 5430749"/>
      <a:gd name="adj3" fmla="val 20457681"/>
      <a:gd name="adj4" fmla="val 20628723"/>
      <a:gd name="adj5" fmla="val 0"/>
    </a:avLst>

preset:

custGeom:

What I'm looking for is the correct presetShapeDefinition for circularArrow that accounts for avLsts like above.

Thanks,

Todd

Friday, July 20, 2018 3:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Todd, 

I will look into this and get back to you. 

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Sr Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Saturday, July 21, 2018 12:58 AM
  • Hi Todd, 

With this one, I believe there was a mistake in the presetShapeDefinitions.xml in the electronic inserts. The first guide ("a5" guide definition) in the gdLst block should is listed in presetShapeDefinitions.xml as: 

<gd name="a5" fmla="pin 0 adj5 25000" />

But it should be: 

<gd name="a5" fmla="pin 2 adj5 25000" />

Can you please test this and make sure it's working for you? 

Thanks,

Tom

Thursday, July 26, 2018 11:24 PM
  • Hi Tom,

This is perfect, it fixes the issue completely.

One follow up question - would the "a5" change apply to leftCircularArrow and leftRightCircularArrow as well?

Cheers,

Todd

Friday, July 27, 2018 5:07 PM
  • The Office markup for leftCircularArrow and leftRightCircularArrow have the same definition for "a5" as the inserts. If they are incorrect, let me know and I'll check them out.

Tom

Friday, July 27, 2018 5:23 PM
  • I guess I'm not understanding what "inserts" means. 

Both leftCircularArrow and leftRightCircularArrow have this in the presetShapeDefinitions.xml

A:

Whereas now we know that circularArrow should be

B:

<gd name="a5" fmla="pin 2 adj5 25000" />

My question is should the a5 fmla for leftCircularArrow and leftRightCircularArrow be A or B?

Cheers,

Todd

Friday, July 27, 2018 6:18 PM
  • By "inserts" I meant "electronic inserts" which is the presetShapeDefinitions.xml that is provided with the ISO 29500-1 2016. And to be clear, I didn't actually test these exhaustively (I did a simple test) but what I'm saying is that the Office source uses this definition for "a5" in both leftCircularArrow and leftRightCircularArrow

It's possible that there may still be a problem but likely it would also manifest itself as a problem with both the prstGeom and custGeom (using the presetShapeDefinitions.xml versions of leftCircularArrow and leftRightCircularArrow) since the markup matches between them. (to answer your question above: "A").  For circularArrow, Office did *not* match presetShapeDefinitions.xml and we will definitely review all these definitions to make sure they match Office.

Does that make sense?

Tom

Friday, July 27, 2018 6:57 PM