Can't use Multilingual App Toolkit for Visual Studio 2012 for pseudo language?

Question

• Hi,

I am using Multilingual App Toolkit for Visual Studio 2012 with pseudo language (qps-ploc) to simulate the multi-language UI.

But After I translate the pseudo language, I got

1>  Multilingual App Toolkit build started.
    1>  Merge of Loc PRI file failed calling makepri.exe: '0x80004005'
    1>  Multilingual App Toolkit build completed with errors.

I have tried to modified the pseudo language my self by adding some additional characters. It worked!!

But after I using the translation server to get the translated string, I got the error.

Does anybody know what happened?

Thank you~~

Eric

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 3:50 AM

Answers

• Hi Eric,

Regarding your comment: "And I also found this tool doesn't supported by VS 2012 Ultimate, is this a bug also?"

Please install the latest version of the Multilingual App Toolkit released yesterday: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?linkid=245767  That should help you with the VS 2012 Ultimate product.  the toolkit is designed to work with any of the Visual Studio 2012 versions.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 11:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Eric,

is this a project you can share out to me so I can try to repro or does this happen on simple Window Store applications?  I tried a really simple application with a couple of string resources and it didn't seem to reproduce for me.  Please send the project to mikewong at microsoft.com.

much appreciated,

mike

Friday, September 07, 2012 11:39 PM
  • Thanks, Mike,

I found that my source have a duplicate entry

"cancel" : "Cancel",

"Cancel": "Cancel"

This can't detect by the tool itself.

After I remove it. The tool worked.

But the tool can detect 

"cancel":"cancel",

"Cancel":"Cancel"

This seems a minor bug of the tool.

And I also found this tool doesn't supported by VS 2012 Ultimate, is this a bug also?

Thank you~

Eric

Saturday, September 08, 2012 5:59 AM
  • Hi Eric,

Regarding your comment: "And I also found this tool doesn't supported by VS 2012 Ultimate, is this a bug also?"

Please install the latest version of the Multilingual App Toolkit released yesterday: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?linkid=245767  That should help you with the VS 2012 Ultimate product.  the toolkit is designed to work with any of the Visual Studio 2012 versions.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 11:35 PM
  • Regarding the duplicate entry, this can be reproduce without the toolkit installed or enabled.  VS (via makepri) will complain about duplicate resources when the value is different from the previous duplicate key's value.

Error 2 Multiple entries of 'resources/Cancel' found. E:\Users\clerum\Documents\Visual Studio 2012...

For example, as stated above, the following will produce an error - even without the toolkit installed:
    {
      "Cancel"              : "Cancel",
      "cancel"              : "cancel"
    }

If you change the key's values to have the same value, the error will not be displayed. However, if you dump the PRI file, only the first duplicate resource is saved.

This is the reason you are seeing the report from the toolkit.  The duplicate resources values are not the same. If the values were the same, the toolkit will not report an error, but you will still only get the first duplicate (translated) resource in the PRI file.

Friday, September 21, 2012 9:44 PM