none
Full Screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everybody.

Is it possible to set GraphicsWindow in Full Screen Mode?

Thanks a lot
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 10:24 AM

Answers

• GraphicsWindow.Width = Desktop.Width
    GraphicsWindow.Height = Desktop.Height
    GraphicsWindow.Top = 0
    GraphicsWindow.Left = 0

Not technically fullscreen, but close.
    • Marked as answer by Dudeson Thursday, January 28, 2010 11:56 PM
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 7:35 PM

All replies

• Graphicswindow       no

Textwindow             yes
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 3:00 PM
  • The GraphicsWindow size may be set with

GraphicsWindow.Width = 1024
    GraphicsWindow.Height = 768

or whatever the size of the screen you require. Setting it to full screen would require knowing the current screen size which you can't get from within Small Basic.
    GraphicsWindow.Top is supposed to get or set the top position of the GraphicsWindow, but doesn't seem to be implemented.

I don't know how the TextWindow may be changed from within the program. The TextWindow may be adjusted by dragging with the mouse or by using the maximise button, but on my set-up this doesn't use the full screen size. It is possible to toggle the TextWindow between a normal window and full screen by pressing ALT+ENTER but again I don't know how this could be done from within Small Basic. Perhaps someone could write an extension to perform this?
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 5:19 PM
    GraphicsWindow.Top = 0
    GraphicsWindow.Left = 0

Not technically fullscreen, but close.
    • Marked as answer by Dudeson Thursday, January 28, 2010 11:56 PM
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 7:35 PM
  • Is it bug or a feature, that Desktop.Width does not report more than 1024 pixels even if it is physically larger (e.g. 1280)?

At least the aspect ratio is still kept correctly. E.g. if the desktop is 1280x800, Desktop.Width x Desktop.Height will report 1024 x640.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:15 PM
  • Yes it is and is very easily done.

For example, if my desktop was 1600x1200 then the code would be this:
    GraphicsWindow.Width = 1600
    GraphicsWindow.Height = 1200
    Hope this helps :)
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 9:09 AM
    GraphicsWindow.Top = 0
    GraphicsWindow.Left = 0

Not exactly right, i tried this yesterday, and to have the the "GraphicsWindow.Height = Desktop.Height" is that the bottom of the graphics window will extend below the taskbar.

now the task bar is approx 40 pixels high, so to solve that issue use the following

DW = Desktop.Width
    DH = Desktop.Height

GraphicsWindow.Width = (DW - 7)   ' to allow for edge
    GraphicsWindow.Height = (DH - 55) ' To allow for window edge and taskbar

GraphicsWindow.Top = 0
    GraphicsWindow.Left = 0

It's closer to full screen, I needed to use this when, creating a exe shell for a Web based desktop, Makes it look nice and saves time gives you more space.

GraphicsWindow.CanResize = "True"

Using the above piece of code you can enable the re-size button, But i haven't found a way of triggering it from within the program, the problem that i faced with this is that the contents of the graphics window didn't resize with the rest of the application

My full screen browser Program ID: GXJ463 .
    Friday, June 5, 2009 3:47 AM
  • The closest you can get is something like this...

GraphicsWindow.Width=Desktop.Width
    GraphicsWindow.Height=Desktop.Height
    GraphicsWindow.Left=-8
    GraphicsWindow.Top=-30

The negative values for Left and Top make the window title bar and border go off the edge of the screen, so it appears to fill the screen.

However, if you have your taskbar set to autohide, then there is no way to fill all the space as a window border always appears near the bottom of the screen.

Also, as the title bar is off screen, you can still use Alt+Space to call up the options menu of the graphicsWindow, or still use Alt-F4 to close it.
    Monday, November 9, 2009 12:50 AM
  • My full screen browser Program ID: GXJ463 .

nzSammy... that program doesn't work.  It is using 'Controls.' and 'SmallBasic' objects which cannot be found. Where are those from?
    Monday, November 9, 2009 12:54 AM
  • nzSammy... that program doesn't work.  It is using 'Controls.' and 'SmallBasic' objects which cannot be found. Where are those from?
    @Davey-Wavey

GXJ463 uses Fremy's lib extension
    http://cid-201f3835d49587fe.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Small%20Basic/lib.zip

Monday, November 9, 2009 5:09 PM
  • GXJ463 uses Fremy's lib extension
    http://cid-201f3835d49587fe.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Small%20Basic/lib.zip

Thanks Rushworks.

Could I recommend to all coders to put a comment clearly at the top of their code if there are any non-standard requirements for running an example.

This would prevent frustration from new coders trying to get examples to work. It's been bad enough having to rewrite examples written for older versions of Small Basic, without having to find expansions too.
    Monday, November 9, 2009 10:19 PM
  • nzsammy, your full screen browser does not work. ("The variable "t" is used, but its value has not been assigned. Are you sure you spelled it correctly?") Whats wrong?
    -Phillip
    • Edited by phillips101 Tuesday, April 20, 2010 11:50 PM another typo
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 7:37 PM