EXIF for Canon RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to EM (trying out the trial version 1.0.2 for the Mac) and am confused about the differences in reported EXIF data for a canon raw file (*.cr2) between Adobe Bridge CS3) and EM.

Specifically, in Bridge, the EXIF includes the following information for a specific file - Lens: "EF28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM", which is the lens I used for that picture.

However, EM only reports Lens: "28-135mm".

Another example is that Bridge reports the EXIF for the "Max Aperture Value", while EM doesn't report that item.

What happened to the specific information?  Do I need to configure EM to use all of the available EXIF information in my files?
    Friday, April 25, 2008 3:04 AM

Answers

• Paul,

The EXIF data that you are seeing in Expression Media is what we are able to display, and unfortunately there isn't a way to display more information.  A suggestion has been submitted to our developers to include more EXIF information.  Any change which is made would be released as an update or in a future version of Expression Media..

Best Regards,

Will Brandt, MCSA MCTS
    Online Support Engineer

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 4:42 PM

All replies

• Paul,

I can see the same behavior that you have mentioned in Expression Media vs Bridge.  Unfortunately, we don't have a way to "enable" additional EXIF data, and the amount of EXIF data we show appears to be a result of the design of the application.  I've contacted our developers to find out more about the problem, and I will post a reply when I know more.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Will Brandt, MCSA MCTS
    Online Support Engineer

Monday, April 28, 2008 10:49 PM
  • Paul,

The EXIF data that you are seeing in Expression Media is what we are able to display, and unfortunately there isn't a way to display more information.  A suggestion has been submitted to our developers to include more EXIF information.  Any change which is made would be released as an update or in a future version of Expression Media..

Best Regards,

Will Brandt, MCSA MCTS
    Online Support Engineer

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 4:42 PM