VS2008 and Win 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Can I install VS2008 on a Win 7 PC
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 3:27 PM

Answers

• Hi NanV,

Thank you for your post.

For your concern, the answer is yes. I have Visual Studio 2008 installed on Windows 7. It works well. Visual Studio 2008 products are supported on Windows 7.

If you have any issue when you apply Visual Studio 2008 on Windows 7, please feel free to let me know. I'm willing to help you on that.

Hope this helps! Have a great week.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, January 25, 2010 2:56 AM
    Friday, January 22, 2010 8:48 AM
  • NanV,

I had a slight problem installing C# on Windows 7 (64bit)... I used a recently downloaded copy of the express suite and although it appeared to install correctly, it gave an XAML error on startup.  There is quite a bit of stuff mentioned online about this error, but having uninstalled it (VS) and reinstalled from the web everything seems to be fine.  If you do use 64 bit, just be aware that if certain other software has previously been installed, this may neccessitate this application to be installed in the Program Files (x86) folder.

Regards

Neil
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 8:19 AM

All replies

• Hi NanV,

Thank you for your post.

For your concern, the answer is yes. I have Visual Studio 2008 installed on Windows 7. It works well. Visual Studio 2008 products are supported on Windows 7.

If you have any issue when you apply Visual Studio 2008 on Windows 7, please feel free to let me know. I'm willing to help you on that.

Hope this helps! Have a great week.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, January 22, 2010 8:48 AM
  • NanV,

I had a slight problem installing C# on Windows 7 (64bit)... I used a recently downloaded copy of the express suite and although it appeared to install correctly, it gave an XAML error on startup.  There is quite a bit of stuff mentioned online about this error, but having uninstalled it (VS) and reinstalled from the web everything seems to be fine.  If you do use 64 bit, just be aware that if certain other software has previously been installed, this may neccessitate this application to be installed in the Program Files (x86) folder.

Regards

Neil
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 8:19 AM