none
View Options

Question

• Dear sirs,

Im working on a complex multi threading project, with lot of coupling, and it's not like i can just go on and decouple it so simply, any way the half of the coupling will stay as i think even at the end.

Make story short, i have several tabs open, Code Map, Code Editor, Etc, ... and it's like i wanna take at codemap, then move to code, all the time to figure things out, and what i done so far...

But there is an issue, and that's this multi thread app is also big, and i applied just a little refactoring... so there are more than just several methods, and as i said i want jump here, and there, and then look at what i done, but the space is not enough to show things all together, and not even near to it, 

So i look for a shortcut, to make a tab full screen and then return to normal, in a blink of an eye, and again and again, without need of closing all the tabs and then search for them...

The VS own a fullscreen option, but that's really dummy. it just fill the edge, maybe it's just more usable in multi monitor system, but that not gonna work for me.

Thank you,
    Hassan F.

Monday, May 16, 2016 9:25 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you mean to make a tab full screen and then return to normal, I think the  "Shift+Alt+Enter" could work, but just for a split view, there is not such a shortcut setting.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 20, 2016 7:17 AM

All replies

• Hi deadManN,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

For your question, currently, there isn’t such a shortcut that could make a tab full screen and then return to normal.

But press Ctrl+Tab, then long press Ctrl button, all the tabs are displaying, at this time, we could choose which Tab to open.

As see the an example screenshot of it:

I think your idean is very important for us, I suggest you to submit this suggestion to UserVoice, Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously, thanks.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 6:51 AM
  • Thank you Lana,

I already know that feature that are exists in windows normally have same effects on VS, jetBrain, ... using ctrl,

like the one you noted, or ctrl+F4, ...

But it's not something to work out in split view. 

And I wanted to make a request, while I make sure (I checked shortcuts list, searched for full screen... before) it is or it is not exists.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 5:57 AM
  • Hi my friend,

>>So i look for a shortcut, to make a tab full screen and then return to normal, in a blink of an eye, and again and again, without need of closing all the tabs and then search for them...

If you are looking for a shortcut to full screen, you may try "Shift+Alt+Enter", then press this again it will return to normal.

>>But it's not something to work out in split view. 

I wanted to make a request, while I make sure (I checked shortcuts list, searched for full screen... before) it is or it is not exists.In order to have a better understanding of your request, could you specify more about the split view, we will try to work this out.

Best Regards,

Thursday, May 19, 2016 9:14 AM
  • Try searching for what you need
    This page doesn’t exist.
    Thursday, May 19, 2016 11:20 AM
  • Hi,

If you mean to make a tab full screen and then return to normal, I think the  "Shift+Alt+Enter" could work, but just for a split view, there is not such a shortcut setting.

Best Regards,

Friday, May 20, 2016 7:17 AM
  • Friday, May 20, 2016 6:18 PM
  • Hi my friend,

We have noticed this situation and we try to solve this defective website.

Please wait patiently till it's back to normal.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Monday, May 23, 2016 6:38 AM