I want disable retry attempt on sync failure on deployment via visual studio. RRS feed

• Question

• I want disable retry attempt on sync failure on deployment via visual studio.

ABDUL HAFEEZ MCSE MCITP

Saturday, September 19, 2015 4:52 AM

All replies

• Hi ABDUL,

Thanks for your post.

Are you using TFS? If yes, what’s the version of your TFS?

Which specific issue you received? Please provide the more information to describe your scenario, that will help us provide the better response.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 21, 2015 6:58 AM
  • We are using TFS 2012 Update 4

VS ultimate 2012 update 4

ABDUL HAFEEZ MCSE MCITP

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 5:20 AM
  • Hi ABDUL, 

Thanks for your reply.

What’s the “disable retry attempt on sync failure on deployment via visual studio” mean? Please provide more information about it.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 7:42 AM
  • disadvantage is that when sync fail whatever reason it start deployment from start/scratch i.e. it sync all files (all old files as well) those already have on server rather than new/change files.

It have to start from where sync fail rather it start syncing all files.

In my case we have web application with thousands of files, on failure it sync all thousands files and takes more than a hour to deploy.

I think it  is blunder.

why it sync all files on failure?

That why i want disable retry attempt on sync failure.

ABDUL HAFEEZ MCSE MCITP

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 5:11 AM
  • Hi ABDUL,

Thanks for your reply.

This issue relate to TFS and you’re deploying your web application using TFS Build? Or this issue relate to VS and you’re deploying using VS manually?  

If you manually deploy your web application using VS, the deploy works fine?

We need to confirm and find out which reason caused this issue or this issue relate to which technical first.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 6:21 AM
  • We deploy using VS and deployment works fine except retry sync as I have already told you.

ABDUL HAFEEZ MCSE MCITP

Monday, September 28, 2015 4:45 AM
  • Hi ABDUL,

Thanks for your reply.

Is this issue related to TFS? TFS caused this retry sync issue? If yes, please share your screenshot(s) here.

What’s the type of solution, ASP.NET Web Application or another type of solution? If this issue relate to deploy a specific type of solution using VS manually, I need to move this post to correct technical forum or you need create it in the correct forum for the better response.

Current forum is TFS forum, but I still cannot ensure which TFS feature/factor  caused this issue, although you have told the sync fail.

Monday, September 28, 2015 6:22 AM
  • Hi ABDUL,  

Have you confirmed the information in above reply? If yes, please share your result here.

Thursday, October 1, 2015 8:22 AM
  • Please see below snap shot error of retry sync on failure.

I want to disable retry sync on failure.

ABDUL HAFEEZ MCSE MCITP

Thursday, October 22, 2015 4:56 AM
  • Hi ABDUL,

Thanks for your reply.

What’s the type of your solution? If it’s the ASP.NET app, please try the solution in below post or contact ASP.NET experts for the better response.

https://forums.iis.net/t/1188052.aspx

Thursday, October 22, 2015 9:11 AM