Does the 2008 R2 Data Alignment in the columns (Domain Scope) work with multiple tablix's RRS feed

• Question

• Does the 2008 R2 Data Alignment in the columns (Domain Scope) work with multiple tablix's or only with one Tablix with different groups?

I have been trying to use it for a report that has 3 tablixs (the same dataset and same format) but it doesnt seem to work. All the examples i find are for a single tablix.

Anyone know?

Friday, October 15, 2010 9:01 PM

Answers

• The domain scope works only for parent data scopes within the same heirarchy (hierarchies are the organization of the data in the form of tablix->group->subgroup->cell). So you'll need to organize your report so that you are operating with the same hierarchy.

You for example can use nested data regions, where you put your 3 tablix's inside a parent tablix and refer to it (i.e. they then share the same parent). Note that tablix's directly in the report (i.e. top level) don't share a same parent, so there's nothing to refer to. Also, note that you can't jump inbetween columns and row (have to choose one)

-JonHP

Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
    • Proposed as answer by Challen Fu Monday, October 18, 2010 7:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Challen Fu Friday, October 22, 2010 9:08 AM
    Friday, October 15, 2010 10:47 PM