none
Getting the fullname value of active presentation RRS feed

• Question

• FullName = Globals.ThisAddIn.Application.ActivePresentation.FullName;

Hi

I have created a powerpoint addin and there i have a ribbon with a button in it.When i click on the button is should get a fullname of the active presentation and the code that i use is as below.But it throws the following error

"The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A (RPC_E_SERVERCALL_RETRYLATER))"

Can some one help on this?

Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:50 AM

Answers

• I was actually trying to get the ActivePresentation.FullName in the background worker that is the reason it was failing.If we get the value in main thread the error will not be raised.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 9:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Which version of PowerPoint do you use?

I create a PowerPoint 2013 Add-in and add the code you provide into the button1_Click event in a custom ribbon and everything works fine.

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        string FullName = Globals.ThisAddIn.Application.ActivePresentation.FullName;
    }

According to the error message, I think you can follow the article Fix 'Application is Busy' and 'Call was Rejected By Callee' Errors to resolve your issue.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, September 20, 2013 1:03 PM
  • I was actually trying to get the ActivePresentation.FullName in the background worker that is the reason it was failing.If we get the value in main thread the error will not be raised.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 9:34 AM