Send meeting invite from calendar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to automatiically sent a meeting invite when I create an event in my sharepoint 2007 calendar. This I need to do without writing custom code. I checked the posts here and did some searching and I realise that this cannot be done. Correct me if am wrong.

What I am hoping is if the other way round is possible.
    When I create a meeting invite from Outlook it appears in the SharePoint calendar (I already synchronized it) but the problem is there are some additional fields in the calendar which should be populated from Outlook. Am wondering how I can populate them.

There is a view in Outlook which you all will be knowing. Select the SharePoint calendar name (after you have synchronised) in Outlook. In the top menu select View->Current View. I saw some default columns here, can I add my custom columns here? And can i export these values to the sharepoitn calendar?

All I need to do is create a meeting invite in Outllook with some additional data (custom columns) and export it sharepoint.

Cutloo

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, June 30, 2011 1:11 PM not programming (From:SharePoint - Development and Programming (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 11:50 AM

All replies