WCF issue : Multi part RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

After consuming a wcf service I got some default schemas,multi-part
    msg,orchestration,solicit response port .For header and body I got different multi part msg.Now I want to publish the default orchestartion using BizTalk WCF Publishing wizard after creating request and response msg.
    But How I should set the header value in request msg
    because the default solicit response port contain a multi
    part msg on request which have only body no header.

And which type of msg should I bind with request msg in orchestration
    so that in wcf test client(through biztalk url after publishing the
    orchestration) I get one header and one details msg for entering the data.

Any kind if help would be appreciated.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 1:06 PM

Answers

• In case of a multi-part message when it is published into the MessageBox, the matched subscription would be of the XSD identified against the "body part". In your case you have TWO PARTS, Part 1 is as per header_schema.xsd and Part 2 is as per request. So if Part 2 is the designated Body part then the orchestration would subscribe to Part 2.

What I'm not able to comprehend is the need for a separate Header and Message part? Is there something specific you wish to accomplish through this? Is the client not setting the 'Header' ? Typically in situations such as yours, one of the design pattern is to create a custom pipeline component that will completely strip the HEADER. All the values available in the HEADER are converted into promoted properties and assigned to the message (the request). So the published message has only one part (the body part).

Regards.

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, January 5, 2016 6:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, January 5, 2016 6:05 AM
    Thursday, December 24, 2015 4:38 AM