none
Signing large XML files RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a relatively large XML file (about 300 MB). I tried to sign this file using the method described here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms229745.aspx, but unfortunately is always throws an OutOfMemoryException (on a system with 4 GB of RAM) when calling the method

Code Snippet
    signedXml.ComputeSignature();

Afterwards I tried just to canonicalize the file using the XmlDsigC14NTransform class, but it leads to the same result.

Has anyone experience in signing or canonicalizing large XML files?

Regards,
    Michael

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 11:18 AM

Answers

• Thanks Michael,

I will try to report this as a bug. Cause I have a Client that needs to sign a file which is around 150M and as I posted earlier the limit seems to bee around 86.1 - 86.5 Mb.
    I will try to report to this thread the responses from MS on this.

Regards,
    /Rodrigo Alvarez
    Friday, October 24, 2008 3:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It is probably a bug. You can report this issue with Microsoft Connect: http://forums.microsoft.com/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3531641&SiteID=1

Thank you,

Zoya

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 3:43 PM
  •  

Hi,

Did you find any solution on this. Did you report this as a bug? Have MS done something about this? What the status?. I have run int the same problem. Signing an Xml with just a console application I get the same OutOfMemeoruException. The limit for signing an Xml Document seems to be around 86M. I can sign a Document that is 86.1Mb in size but not anotherone that is 86.5M in size.

Best regards

/Rodrigo Alvarez
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:18 PM
  •  

Hi Rodrigo,

no, I haven't reported it as a bug, and I found no other solution or workaround. I tried it just for testing purposes.

Regards,

Michael

Thursday, October 16, 2008 9:18 AM
  • Thanks Michael,

I will try to report this as a bug. Cause I have a Client that needs to sign a file which is around 150M and as I posted earlier the limit seems to bee around 86.1 - 86.5 Mb.
    I will try to report to this thread the responses from MS on this.

Regards,
    /Rodrigo Alvarez
    Friday, October 24, 2008 3:10 PM
  • You should also post the URL of the bug you enter on Connect, so that others reading this post may vote on the importance of fixing the bug.

Friday, October 24, 2008 4:22 PM
  • Hi,

We have just come across this issue for our project and have hit the limit at around 70 Mb. I was wondering if anything was ever done about fixing this issue?

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:34 AM