Encoder 2 crashes trying to add leader with MovieMaker 5.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I'm a newb and I'm simply trying to add a leader to an .avi file. I made the leader in MS Movie Maker 5.1. I've tried hitting that add leader button. And I've tried importing the .wmv leader.

Each time I'm clicking here or there to experiment, encoder crashes.

Any thoughts to fix this? Is there an encoder update file to fix this?

Thanks, Jim B.
    Monday, July 7, 2008 10:54 PM

Answers

• Another thing you may want to try is disabling Hardware Accelerarted Decode in the option's compatiblity tab.  Some XP hardware is known to have problems with there WMV decode.

Brian

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Tuesday, July 8, 2008 3:47 AM

All replies

• As far as I know there isn't a Movie Maker 5.1.  My guess is you are looking at OS version and not MM's version.  For XP you would most likely have version 2.1, though you could have 2.0 or 2.5(Media Center version).  No matter what version you are running EE should work with it.  I am assuming you are running Windows XP.

Does it crash if you import the same WMV file as the main file?
    Do other formats work as the leader?

Brian

Monday, July 7, 2008 11:40 PM
  • I unchecked most of the filters in the compatibility options. Everything was mostly working as I used autostitch for the leader and trailer. I was using the time line on the trailer to change locations to view in the work space and it crashed again.

Yes, in Movie Maker help/about it does look like it is 2.1 when I read it more carefully.

I will have to see, like you suggest, if it crashes after only importing a wmv file by itself.

Thanks, Jim

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 1:43 AM
  • Another thing you may want to try is disabling Hardware Accelerarted Decode in the option's compatiblity tab.  Some XP hardware is known to have problems with there WMV decode.

Brian

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 3:47 AM