Using ADO.NET to query the Windows Search provider seems to result in truncated values when column returns an array RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using ADO.NET with the Windows Search OLEDB provider to search for email messages indexed by our protocol handler.  This seems to be generally working and I can successfully pull data out of the index.  However, when retrieving a column such as System.ItemParticipants, which returns an array of strings, it would seem that the array returned is limited to a maximum of twenty items, even when more are present in the index.  I am reasonably sure that all the values have been correctly emitted into the index, since any searches performed are capable of matching entries beyond those returned.

For example, say that a message has been indexed with participants of : -

participant1@somewhere.com

participant2@somewhere.com

participant25@somewhere.com

The corresponding array will only include entries up to participant20@somewhere.com.

Is this a configurable setting?  Is there something I can add to the connection string or call in managed code to alter this behaviour (or even simply return the rest of the values)?

Many thanks.

Nick Hall

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 9:12 AM