none
Add a Button to outlook,And make the button ashing RRS feed

• Question

• I add a button to outlook(ribbon for outlook2010 and button for outlook 2007),But i want to make the button ashing,who can give me a advise~

Thank you very much~

• Edited by Cappu893300 Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:53 AM
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:42 AM

Answers

• in ribbon approach you will have to define callback for getEnabled in your xml where you define button. Provided method will then be called by outlook to determine if your button should be disabled. As for CommandBars approach - simply use Enabled property on CommandBarButton.
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 10:07 AM
  • Or for the ribbon if the button should always be enabled use ribbon XML with the enabled attribute set true:

enabled="true"

--
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
    "DamianD" <=?utf-8?B?RGFtaWFuRA==?=> wrote in message news:5ce09c70-7b6f-4eea-8ce1-c3dbda09ac04...
    in ribbon approach you will have to define callback for getEnabled in your xml where you define button. Provided method will then be called by outlook to determine if your button should be disabled. As for CommandBars approach - simply use Enabled property on CommandBarButton.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 2:13 PM

All replies

• what is button ashing?
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 8:36 AM
  • I mean, the ribbon is grey and cannot be clicked, like disable.

Thanks.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 9:40 AM
  • in ribbon approach you will have to define callback for getEnabled in your xml where you define button. Provided method will then be called by outlook to determine if your button should be disabled. As for CommandBars approach - simply use Enabled property on CommandBarButton.
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 10:07 AM
  • Or for the ribbon if the button should always be enabled use ribbon XML with the enabled attribute set true:

enabled="true"

--
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
    "DamianD" <=?utf-8?B?RGFtaWFuRA==?=> wrote in message news:5ce09c70-7b6f-4eea-8ce1-c3dbda09ac04...
    in ribbon approach you will have to define callback for getEnabled in your xml where you define button. Provided method will then be called by outlook to determine if your button should be disabled. As for CommandBars approach - simply use Enabled property on CommandBarButton.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 2:13 PM