Deploying my database on local iis RRS feed

• Question

• User-2097295820 posted

I have developed my asp.net mvc application. I created the application in vs 2012 and db with EF code first style.

I having very big problems deploying my database cos I am new to this.

But the application was successfully published to local iis

Friday, September 6, 2013 12:30 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi skliz4rel

If you want to deploy an ASP.NET MVC application, you can follow the procedures below,

1.In Visual Studio, open the project that you want to deploy.

2.In Solution Explorer, expand the References node.

3.Select the following assemblies:

System.Web.Mvc

System.Web.Routing

System.Web.Abstractions

4.In the Properties window, set Copy Local to True.

5.In Solution Explorer, right-click the project and click Publish.

The Publish Web dialog box is displayed.

6.In Target location (http:, ftp:, or disk path), browse to a local folder and click Open.

7.Select either Replace matching files with local copies or Delete all existing files prior to publish.

8.Under Copy, select one of the following, depending on your needs: Only files needed to run this application, All project files, or All files in the source project folder.

9.If your application contains files in the App_Data folder such as database files, select Include files from the App_Data folder.

10.Click Publish.

All the files that are required in order to deploy the application are copied to the target folder.

11.Test your application by deploying the files to a staging server or virtual machine that does not have MVC installed. If you do not have access to a staging server or a virtual machine, you can uninstall MVC and then test the application locally.

12.Upload the application to the hosting provider.

For detailed information: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd410407(v=vs.90).aspx

Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, September 9, 2013 5:45 AM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi skliz4rel

If you want to deploy an ASP.NET MVC application, you can follow the procedures below,

1.In Visual Studio, open the project that you want to deploy.

2.In Solution Explorer, expand the References node.

3.Select the following assemblies:

System.Web.Mvc

System.Web.Routing

System.Web.Abstractions

4.In the Properties window, set Copy Local to True.

5.In Solution Explorer, right-click the project and click Publish.

The Publish Web dialog box is displayed.

6.In Target location (http:, ftp:, or disk path), browse to a local folder and click Open.

7.Select either Replace matching files with local copies or Delete all existing files prior to publish.

8.Under Copy, select one of the following, depending on your needs: Only files needed to run this application, All project files, or All files in the source project folder.

9.If your application contains files in the App_Data folder such as database files, select Include files from the App_Data folder.

10.Click Publish.

All the files that are required in order to deploy the application are copied to the target folder.

11.Test your application by deploying the files to a staging server or virtual machine that does not have MVC installed. If you do not have access to a staging server or a virtual machine, you can uninstall MVC and then test the application locally.

12.Upload the application to the hosting provider.

For detailed information: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd410407(v=vs.90).aspx

Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, September 9, 2013 5:45 AM
  • User13850534 posted

Great guidance from angie xu, but just curious how it's succesfully published? Where is the problem?

Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:54 AM