Security Essentials scans and updates are not saved RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I've had a couple people tell me Essentials is not supported by Embedded Standard 7; however, I was able to install it without any type of tricks. My problem is with the File Based Write Filter. Every time I do a restart, the scans are not saved nor are the updated signatures I've downloaded. I'm trying to use Process Monitor to see where the application is attempting to write, save, download files and excluded those directories from FBWF. I'm still not having any luck

Does FBWF exclude sub directories? Or just the directory you selected?

Secondly, I have looked everywhere for a FBWF manual with no luck. If anyone can point me to a site or manual, I'd appreciate it.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 12:50 AM

All replies

• Why not disable FBWF first before scan or any update? After scan or updates, enable it.  FBWF has command called /addexclusion to set exclusion, you can refer to the following link, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff794500(v=winembedded.60).aspx.
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 3:56 AM
  • This thin client is going to be used by someone every day that won't be provided admin privileges. Your suggestion would work but isn't feasible. It would require a sys admin to update Security Essentials everyday.
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 4:36 AM