none
IPM.Contact export RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning everyone. I have a question, and since I am not a Powershell guru, I was curious if anyone knew how to accomplish the following:

I need to query mailboxes and transverse all folders to look for (and export) all IPM.Contact message class items. I have to do this across EX2003, 2007, 2010, and 2013 environments all at once. I need to be able to get those contacts in PST format. 

Does anyone know of a script that can accomplish that? I've been searching for 2 days and can only find scripts that will do this from public folders. 

TIA!

Jon

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Saturday, December 28, 2013 4:32 PM Moving to more appropriate forum
    Friday, September 20, 2013 4:07 PM

All replies

• That is correct.  You cannot use most of what works with Web access for Exchange on Exchange 2003 and earlier.  on E2007 and later we can use EWS.

Look in the repository for EWS script examples.  You will have to write your own  customization.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Friday, September 20, 2013 4:57 PM
  • Here are some starter samples for contact extraction using EWS:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj220501(v=exchg.80).aspx

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Friday, September 20, 2013 5:00 PM
  • Thank you jrv but I was looking for something in Powershell and not C#. :(

I know that you can take objects like IPM.Contact and bring them into PS, but like I said, I am no scripting guru. :)

• Edited by JTLaBarge Tuesday, September 24, 2013 3:45 PM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 3:33 PM
  • Thank you jrv but I was looking for something in Powershell and not C#. :(

I know that you can take objects like IPM.Contact and bring them into PS, but like I said, I am no scripting guru. :)

Exchange EWS is done with PowerShell.  Did you even try to look at it?

The C# samples can be easily converted to PowerShell.

It is highly unlikely that anyone will have a script that does what you are asking.  You will have to write your owns script and post back with questions.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Edited by jrv Tuesday, September 24, 2013 3:53 PM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 3:52 PM
  • Here is a good blog post to get you started.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 3:58 PM
  • I did, yes. With my limited scripting knowledge, it's hard for me to make sense of it. Secondly, it looks like an API assembly file (dll) needs to be installed on the target machine, which is not something that I can do as the server in question is not "mine". :(
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 3:58 PM
  • Looks like you need to hire a consultant.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 4:28 PM