none
TechNet Evaluation Center Issues RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to complete the installation and testing of SharePoint Server 2013.  I downloaded the SharePoint 180 day evaluation installation package from the TechNet Evaluation site.  When installing the package it asks for the license key: NQTMW-K63MQ-39G6H-B2CH9-FRDWJ.  I get an error message that this license key is not valid?!?

I contacted TechNet (MSDN) support and the call agent, after looking into the issue on the license key, informed me that the key is valid but she couldn't help me.  I was instructed to submit the TechNet site feedback form.

I have an MSDN subscription.  My subscription is a level that does not include Microsoft SharePoint Server for download.  This is why I am trying the evaluation version.

I have convinced our CIO and our Director of Enterprise Architecture to support a POC evaluation of SharePoint Portal Server instead of upgrading our current Oracle Portal platform.  If it is going to be this difficult to get an evaluation copy installed, I think this will scare them off from considering SharePoint as an enterprise solution.

Help! 

Scot

Thursday, April 2, 2015 7:03 PM