none
Windows application in .net core 3.0 preview version is not running with .net core 3.0 runtime version

Question

• I have a windows application in .net core 3.0 preview, when I publish it and run on different machine, it is not working with .net core 3.0 preview run time version on that machine
    As per my knowledge, sdk is for development and to run on other machine it only need .net core run time version.

In my case on other machine, it is working only with .net core 3.0 preview sdk but not with .net core 3.0 preview run time.

Can you please help/suggest me with this?

Thank you

• Moved by CoolDadTx Wednesday, May 22, 2019 2:28 PM Not a C# question
    Tuesday, May 21, 2019 9:08 AM

All replies

• What kind of .NET Core 3.0 solution is this Web or Windows desktop?
    Tuesday, May 21, 2019 1:56 PM
  • Hi Jigar,

Thank you for posting here.

Since this thread is related to .net core, you could post in the following forum.

https://forums.asp.net/1255.aspx/1?ASP+NET+Core​​​​​​​

The Visual C# forum discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 8:52 AM
  • Please post questions and problems related to .NET Core 3 Preview in GitHub so the team can work with you on it.

Michael Taylor http://www.michaeltaylorp3.net

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 2:28 PM
  • It's Windows Desktop application.
    Thursday, May 23, 2019 1:03 PM
  • It's Windows Desktop application.

In my case on other machine, it is working only with .net core 3.0 preview sdk but not with .net core 3.0 preview run time.

Is this other machine a development machine too that would have the SDK installed along with the runtime?

• Edited by DA924x Friday, May 24, 2019 12:17 AM
    Friday, May 24, 2019 12:16 AM