none
Outlook Add-In (OfficeJS, not VSTO) : how to add a button beside the reply button RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm investigating add-in development for Outlook (using OfficeJS).

I see that Wunderlist or Evernote add-ins add a button in the Outlook GUI just beside the original Reply button.

But I didn't find this kind of button in the Manifest documentation. What's the trick?

Thanks

Friday, November 4, 2016 4:18 PM

All replies

• Hello Emmanuel,

Those are the Microsoft partner and they have priority to showcase technology. The command add-ins are coming into Outlook for Web in nearest future, but for now you cannot do the same. Currently with manifest, you able to create command add-in for Outlook Desktop only. Over there is the link for your reference: Add-in commands for Outlook

Hope this helps,

Slava Ivanov

Friday, November 4, 2016 6:07 PM
  • Hi Emmanuel,

>> I see that Wunderlist or Evernote add-ins add a button in the Outlook GUI just beside the original Reply button.

Could you share us a screen shot about Outlook GUI just beside the original Reply button? I try to insert Wunderlist add-in, but I failed to get the button beside the original Reply button.

Wunderlist add-in uses the command add in for Outlook. Currently, command add-in support showing task pane and exec function from the Outlook Ribbon by clicking button.

If you want to achieve the same function like Wunderlist add-in on Outlook 2016 desktop version, I suggest you refer the link from Slava.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 7, 2016 8:20 AM
  • Edward,

Emmanuel was talking about public outlook.com domain ...

Slava Ivanov

Monday, November 7, 2016 1:39 PM
  • Hi Slava,

Thanks for this screen shot.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 8:21 AM