none
Linking multiple paged documents, and using them on sharepoint. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I am having trouble creating a "Master" Word document that links to other "Child" Word documents that are more than one page in length.

For example, I have a Master document called "Introduction.doc" and two child documents called "Contact details.doc" and "Prices.doc".

How do I insert the documents so that my document would be structured as follows:

Introduction:
    Sample text.........Sample text.........

<<Prices.doc>>

<<Contact details.doc>>

I can insert single paged documents into standard Word files just fine, but when trying to do this and open them up in Sharepoint the files don't work unless you check them out first... also, I cannot insert multiple paged documents whether using sharepoint or not.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 2:00 AM

All replies

• Hello .. I was browsing the forum and I saw your question.

Actually I have the same question. Did you find the answer for it? I know it's been a long time.

Hope you can help me :)

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 9:18 AM
  • I am not sure I quite understand what you are saying.  You can turn the checkin/check out off in your documents list.  But I would keep in mind that if someone checks it out it may lock if someone else already has it out.

1. go to your list -> settings
    2. Versioning Settings -> Require Check out -> select [No]

Good Luck,
    Hyde

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct or more uncertain in its success than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 8:31 PM