none
Error when upload .xap file to winphone store

Question

• Hi all!

I upload my .xap file to store , but i have an error when to do this

The publisher display name, xxx, specified in the package doesn’t match the publisher name, abc, that’s associated with the developer account.

So , how could I fix this problem.

My Publisher name is : abc

I changed Publisher name in WMAppManifest.xml to abc , but it's still error

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 4:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Iceball0,

Based on my knowledge, you need to edit the Identity element in Package.appxmanifest file to make it work. Right click on the manifest file, choose view code, in the opened xml file, and change the Publisher element in Identity. Please try and let me know the result.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 2:22 AM
  • Hi Herro wong

Thanks for your help , it's useful :D

I have a question: In project version 8 , i don't see Package.appxmanifest file but it's exist in project version 8.1. Is this one of new features of 8.1?

In order to change OS field to 8.1 when i upload .xap file to store, so what did i do ? My project is version 8 , i retarget to 8.1

• Edited by iceball0 Wednesday, March 4, 2015 3:01 AM
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 2:59 AM
  • Hi Iceball0,

Windows phone 8 project has the similar file, expand the Properties in project, Right click on WMAppManifest.xml file to choose “View Code” option. You can see the similar element in that opened xml file.

>> In order to change OS field to 8.1 when i upload .xap file to store, so what did i do ?

When I try submitting an app to windows phone store, the store don’t mention the version of the app file. you can submit that files with the suffix displayed in the following image.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 5, 2015 5:48 AM