Data Factory Template Deploy Dynamic Activities RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to deploy a data factory using a resource template, it works great with only 1 issue.

I am able to make copies of input and output data sets based on an array of strings using the copy function, but I can't generate activities for each pair of data sets in one pipeline

For example:

I create 6 data sets from the array ['first', 'second', 'third'] which results in 'inputSet-first','inputSet-second','inputSet-third','outputSet-first','outputSet-second''outputSet-third'

However I need to generate an activity for each input-output pair like below, but cannot beucase the copy function only works on resources and not properties of a resource or variables.

{
                "type": "Copy",
                "typeProperties": {
                  "source": {
                    "type": "SqlSource",
                    "sqlReaderQuery": "select * from first_t"
                  },
                  "sink": {
                    "type": "BlobSink"
                  }
                },
                "inputs": [
                  {
                    "name": "inputSet-first"
                  }
                ],
                "outputs": [
                  {
                    "name": "outputSet-first"
                  }
                ],
                "name": "copyStuff"
              }

My current solution is just to generate the activities in powershell and then inject them via the parameters.

Is there a way to do this natively in the template?

Are data factories officially supported by templates yet? If not, when will they be
    (I've seen warnings saying that data factories are not available to be exported as templates and they are not listed in the $scheme)

Monday, April 10, 2017 8:27 PM