none
Data reader fetch how many records at a time from db RRS feed

• Question

• i read that Data reader fetch records from db and store in network buffer. i do not know what is network buffer ?

how much data network buffer can consume at a time ?

how many records data read fetch at a time ?

please share the info.

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 12:12 PM

All replies

• Hello,

See the following post on the same question as yours.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 1:57 PM
  • I don't think this information is very important for you to know when using ADO.NET because you are not writing code at this level. Each data access library can function differently internally when using a DataReader, so the mechanism of "buffering" or "caching" of data will be provider specific. Rows will be fetched from the database or database cache or buffer as you invoke the DataReader to retrieve them.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

• Proposed as answer by Cor Ligthert Tuesday, June 5, 2018 4:53 PM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2018 2:37 PM
  • In addition to Paul,

If your network is between Kindu in Congo and Orgil in Mongolia and you are using normal telephone lines. Then it takes probably a lot of time to consume the buffer.  

Success
    Cor

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 4:58 PM