none
Visual studio crash

Question

• Hi,

I have this weird issue, when I open visual studio, then I go to Open Website and I choose a network drive, Visual studio crash. (Program stopped responding).

I use to have it working just fine, but I didn't open it past few weeks.

I tried reinstalling it without any plugins, still same issue.

Any idea on what could be wrong?

Thank you.

-Mehdi

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 2:46 PM

All replies

• Hi MehdiS,

Do you mean that you use your VS to open a shared project?

Please open your VS as the admin, and then open the website, check it again, so we could know that whether it is related to the access account since it worked well before.

Not visit it through the VS IDE, could you open this project folder directly in your windows explorer?

Or you could discuss the previous members who shared it with you, maybe he changed certain permissions or others.

If I have misunderstood this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 16, 2016 9:56 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I setup a shared folder for the site from the server. I mounted it as a network drive Z:\

Then I go to VS and open site and choose the drive Z:\ . It has been working like this for few years without a problem.

Thanks.

-Mehdi

Monday, June 20, 2016 11:53 PM
  • Hi Mehdi,

Do you test it in other VS machine with different user? Whether it also has this issue if you share it to another user in your server?

Or you could add a new admin user in your current machine, and then sign in using the new user, visit the project again.

Please also run your VS in safe mode:

Devenv.exe /SafeMode

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 12:49 PM
  • Hi Mehdi,

Any update?

What about this problem now?

Would you mind letting us know the latest information about this issue?

Best Regards,

Jack

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 1:46 AM