none
Does Outlook calendar event have a unique Identifier that can be used to identify the event across different users RRS feed

• Question

•  Am trying to get a way to identify a calendar event on outlook across different outlook users who are attendees of the same event. One weird thing is that the eventId that i get from graph changes with the user that is currently logged in. I tried also using single extended properties to put my unique id to the event but when i try getting the extended property using any other user except the one who updated or created the event  with the extended property, it returns null.
    Thursday, June 22, 2017 12:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you share your code with us?

Are you using Extensions to add your own id?

Regards, Sjoukje

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you.

Monday, June 26, 2017 1:11 PM
  • The Outlook object model provides only the GlobalAppointmentID property which returns a  string value that represents a unique global identifier for the AppointmentItem object. Outlook uses this property value to correlate meeting updates and responses with a particular meeting on the calendar. The Global Object ID is the same across all copies of the item on the calendar, not users i believe.

Need to admit that you can extract the appointment item from a user's calendar by using the time and date. Why do you need to know any ID for that? 

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 9:21 PM