Exported UWP template is not running RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a UWP blank app in VS2017 and ran it. Its working perfectly.

enter image description here

It has x86 and Local Machine in the bar.

Then I export it by going to Project->Export Template and include the template in my VSIX. Then I installed the VSIX. Then created a project with that template. Now that project couldn't run.

It has ARM and Device in the bar. So that I cannot run the project. If I run the project, the below error is coming.

If I change to x86 manually, the project is running fine. What is the problem here? How can I set to x86 by default to my template. I have checked the project and solution files. There is no entry is available for this. Please help.

Friday, June 30, 2017 10:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Cole,

Thanks for your reply. Meanwhile I found solution for this issue. There is an entry in template's .vstemplate file itself to set the default configuration like below.

<TemplateContent PreferedSolutionConfiguration="Debug|x86">

• Marked as answer by mathikp Tuesday, July 4, 2017 6:04 AM
    Tuesday, July 4, 2017 6:04 AM

All replies

• Hi mathikp,

Based on your description, I create a demo and reproduce your issue on my side, it seems that visual studio save the default target platform, we could not change it in custom project template.

I would suggest that you could post a feedback on the following link.

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/52417/debugger-output-says-an-event-was-called-with-wron.html

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 2:41 AM
  • Hi Cole,

Thanks for your reply. Meanwhile I found solution for this issue. There is an entry in template's .vstemplate file itself to set the default configuration like below.

<TemplateContent PreferedSolutionConfiguration="Debug|x86">

• Marked as answer by mathikp Tuesday, July 4, 2017 6:04 AM
    Tuesday, July 4, 2017 6:04 AM
  • Hi mathikp,

I am glad to know that you resolve the issue and share the solution. it will be beneficial to other communities who have the similar issue.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 6:10 AM