WMP 11 Initial playback cannot play file. Incorrect error 0xC00D0FEA when playing non familiar extensions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've found a bug. Here are the steps to reproduce:

I'm using an interface ontop of WMP.dll to allow playback from within my application. 

1. Find 1 MP3 file

2. Change .mp3 extension to .mpga

3. Attempt to open the file

4. Associate the file extension with WMP 11

5. Attempt to play back in application that uses wmp.dll to playback

6. When prompted whether or not you would like to attempt to play this extension check the box that says 'Dont ask me again' and click Yes.

7. File will playback.

8. Attempt to play back again

Result:

1. App does not play back the file.

2. The error explaination is 0xC00D0FEA which is some cannot download the file error or something.

Work Around:

3. Double clicking the item in windows explorer does not play back the file in WMP at this point

4. If you use WMP 11 and double click the file in the 'Now Playing' window, the file will play back. 

5. If I try to playback the file first in WMP and then in my application this does not happen and the WMP.dll does not return errors when attempting to playback on subsequent events.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 6:03 PM

Answers

• Thanks for reporting this ... I'll make sure it gets routed appropriately, and we'll follow up if we have any questions.
    Friday, July 20, 2007 5:39 PM

All replies

• Thanks for reporting this ... I'll make sure it gets routed appropriately, and we'll follow up if we have any questions.
    Friday, July 20, 2007 5:39 PM
  • Did this get routed? Looking for an update on a posssible fix for this.

Monday, August 6, 2007 6:46 PM
  • Again, still looking for an update???
    Thursday, August 30, 2007 8:58 PM