none
WHCK Setup.exe (8.59.29734) fails with MessageBox (Download OptionId.NetFx, ...) RRS feed

• Question

• When calling setup.exe of the latest Windows Hardware Certification Kit (8.59.29734) on Windows Server 2008, an error MessageBox pops up:

Some features already installed on this computer are missing from the downloaded setup package.
    Download the following features before retrying setup on this computer:

OptionId.NetFx
    OptionId.HardwareCertificationKit
    OptionId.HardwareCertificationKitStudio

The previous WHCK Setup could be installed without any problems.
    The setup failed even after ghosting the computer back to a clean Win Server 2008.

Someone any idea?

Thanks,

Carsten

• Edited by gyroblau Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:11 PM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:08 PM

Answers

• Is it possible you are not running HCKSetup.exe from the download page, and instead you are running just a local copy of the .exe?  If you would like to install the HCK on a system, which does not have direct access to the internet (called offline), you must first execute HCKSetup.exe from an internet connected system and select the option to "Download" the entire HCK (almost 4GB).  There is more detail offered with our documentation, getting started section;

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj123537.aspx

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:24 PM

All replies

• Is it possible you are not running HCKSetup.exe from the download page, and instead you are running just a local copy of the .exe?  If you would like to install the HCK on a system, which does not have direct access to the internet (called offline), you must first execute HCKSetup.exe from an internet connected system and select the option to "Download" the entire HCK (almost 4GB).  There is more detail offered with our documentation, getting started section;

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj123537.aspx

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:24 PM
  • I get the same errors...

QFE4 is being released, so maybe that will fix the problem.

I'm sure that you ran HCKSetup and downloaded the Studio and Controller since you said that you had installed previous testkits

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:46 PM
  • I am still have the same issue on Windows 8.1 QFE6
    Thursday, August 8, 2013 12:10 AM
  • We too still face same error with QFE6. Till QFE5 we had no issues to install. Even after ADK instllation for 8.1 still not resolved this issue. 

Some features already installed on this computer are missing from the downloaded setup package.
    Download the following features before retrying setup on this computer:

OptionId.NetFx
    OptionId.HardwareCertificationKit
    OptionId.HardwareCertificationKitStudio

Thursday, August 8, 2013 8:58 AM
  • I started the setup on computer connected to the internet in order to download the complete package. This worked for QFE03. Now with QFE06, QFE07 and QFE08 I did it the same way, but now I get these error messages, too.

I have a folder with the HCKsetup.exe, a folder Installers and a folder Patches, size about 3,2 GB.

Any further hint?

Thanks in advance,

Bernhard

Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:45 PM
  • Can you tell me your exact steps on how/what you downloaded and how/what you installed on your systems?  We're not able to reproduce this issue in-house :(.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Friday, August 23, 2013 12:24 AM
  • Ok, I got a solution for this issue in my case.

For we don't have internet on the HCK server, so I have to download it on an other system. On this system I got QFE03. For the new QFE I got the HCKsetup (link from newsletter) and started it. I was not asked whether I want to download or install, the download started immediately.

This download was about 3,3 GB. I ported it on the HCK machine and got the mentioned issue.

The solution is, I have to remove / unistall the old HCKsetup first before I can start the new one.

After I did I was asked again whether I want to install or download the package. This package had also a size of 3,3 GB, but on the HCK server it startet and updated the patches properly.

Thanks for your assistance. Hope my experience may help other users.

Cheers,

Bernhard

Friday, August 23, 2013 10:45 AM
  • The HCKSetup.exe must match the content you downloaded.  The steps to download and install on a remote system are:

1. From the download location, click Download > Now.

2. When prompted, select Run.

WarningWarning
    Don't select the Save option. The Save option only downloads Windows HCK Setup and not the complete kit.

3. When the Specify Location screen appears, select the Download Windows HCK for installation on a separate computer, and then click Next

4. Choose an appropriate location to download the kit/QFE to.  The key is that the HCKSetup.exe you download the kit with must match the content you install.

5. Move the entire download to the system you want to install the QFE and run the HCKSetup.exe from the download media. 

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Monday, August 26, 2013 9:11 PM