none
How to track multiples users using passive and active tracking techniques RRS feed

• Question

• Im trying to track multiple users using passive and active tracking techniques but i do need x,y data like in the kinect mouse sample for each person being tracked no matter what. Just the same as kinect mouse except multiple users. For instance, I want to make each person either left or right hand like kinect mouse for moving mouse and then make the click part the same. So how would i accompolish this? I do have a method to gathered the total amount of tracked and passive users just not how i would go about doing the tracking other then i need a for loop for all the users and need x,y for some parts of the user.

I have got a 32-bit test version of the vb.net source working with script control for the mouse emulator so sorry 64-bit users unless you come up with a 64-bit vb.net helper file then thats all i have right now.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:09 PM

All replies

• In lamens terms heres the things im trying to do:

1. x,y coordinates of passive tracked and actively tracked users to send to emulator code.

For instance, mousemove(user1, x,y)

2.  when kinect hand went down like in kinect mouse for specific user and send that to specific mouse device.

Mouseclicked = true

3. Extra credit: get to load as an add-on in powerpoint before mouse mischief for testing using mouse mischief so the people can be added as mouse devices before mischief is started.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

• Edited by The Thinker Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:13 PM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:11 PM