none
What is the algorithm used inThe skeleton viewer? RRS feed

Answers

• escorciav,

The specifics of the algorithms used in released products are part of Microsoft's intellectual property, and they are always a work in progress, so we don't disclose this information to the public in general.

We do welcome any feedback (positive or negative) you might have with the algorithms after you try out the skeleton tracking functionality.

Sorry I can't give you more information.
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:52 PM

All replies

• escorciav,

The specifics of the algorithms used in released products are part of Microsoft's intellectual property, and they are always a work in progress, so we don't disclose this information to the public in general.

We do welcome any feedback (positive or negative) you might have with the algorithms after you try out the skeleton tracking functionality.

Sorry I can't give you more information.
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:52 PM
  • Thanks Eddy, Could you give me an advice?

I think of work with skeleton rotations (sagital and front plane) and I need to know if the skeleton viewer is robust with the both plane? and if there is any depth information/estimation about the occluded/non-occluded joins?

Thnaks

Friday, July 29, 2011 4:05 PM
  • What do you mean when you refer to rotations in the context of planes? Usually rotations are about a point or axis. Do you mean reflections?

The algorithms are most robust when joints are not occluded, but they will give an estimate for position of all 20 skeleton joints whenever possible. When positions had to be inferred due to occlusion or some other limitation, the joint position will be reported as "inferred" rather than "tracked". See documentation for NUI_SKELETON_POSITION_TRACKING_STATE in KinectSDK.chm installed under <program files>\Microsoft Research KinectSDK\docs

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Saturday, July 30, 2011 5:03 PM
  • Feedback? 

One thing that I really don't care for is all that bit-level stuff. I would hope you might bring it up a level higher than that. I'm sure it compiles more cleanly and runs more quickly, but I just don't like thinking that hard! LOL!

Thomas M. Riverside Robotics www.robots-and-androids.com
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 7:54 AM
  • Thanks for your feedback, Thomas, we are aware of the inconvenience of fiddling directly with bits and are investigating alternatives to make it better in the future.

Eddy

P.S.: I've noticed that your posts always get flagged as abusive and moderators have to step in and un-flag them manually every time. I think this is probably related to having your website URL in your signature, so you might want to consider changing signature so that you don't trigger these flags.

I'm here to help
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 7:54 PM