none
New Ad Unit banner always return InvalidServerResponse RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

Recently, when I create new Ad Unit (banner), ads banner never display and always return same error (in event adControl_ErrorOccurred) "Invalid server response" or "NoAdAvailable" . I try to create another new ad unit, but always that message. If I change to old ad unit created before, no more error. The app already published for one week, and same for the ad unit.

XAML for banner:

<UI:AdControl
                        Width="728"
                        Height="90"
                        Margin="5,0"
                        AdUnitId="MY_UNIT"
                        ApplicationId="MY_APP_ID"
                        ErrorOccurred="adControl_ErrorOccurred" />

Anyone have this problem? I try to contact Win Store Feedback, but they no longer support live chat anymore, and I can't create a support ticket

Friday, May 31, 2019 6:29 AM

Answers

• Hi piratebay01,
    >I can't create a support ticket
    Did you create it following the step: Click here>Contact us>Dashboard issue as support topic>Ads in apps as Issue Type > Non-SDK as Subcategory > Submit an incident
    We can't track your ads in the forum, but we can help you to contact the team with the ticket number.Could you try to make a support ticket with as detailed as possible info and show your ticket number here?Thanks for your understanding.
    Best regards

Daisy Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by piratebay01 Friday, May 31, 2019 1:35 PM
    Friday, May 31, 2019 8:21 AM

All replies

• Hi piratebay01,
    Did you create it following the step: Click here>Contact us>Dashboard issue as support topic>Ads in apps as Issue Type > Non-SDK as Subcategory > Submit an incident
    We can't track your ads in the forum, but we can help you to contact the team with the ticket number.Could you try to make a support ticket with as detailed as possible info and show your ticket number here?Thanks for your understanding.
    Best regards

Daisy Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by piratebay01 Friday, May 31, 2019 1:35 PM
    Friday, May 31, 2019 8:21 AM
  • Hi piratebay01,

Oh I select "Windows 10 UWP App Development" for default, so no "Live chat" option. Thanks
    Friday, May 31, 2019 1:35 PM
  • Hello piratebay01.

Did you get any feedback/solution for this problem?

I face the exact same behavior for new adunits that are live now in an already published app! 

I have opened a support ticket and provide as much info as I can and I'm waiting now for a response. The first response from MS was to "clear the cache" in the IE (probably for not showing data on the Ad Reports on Dev Center). The problem is not with the reporting at all, but with the Ad Serving!! I get the exact same error response for all new ad units (either banners, interstitials or video ads). 

The only strange thing I have noticed is that inside the Dev Center Webpage where I create new ad units, the "Product" name for my new app is not the app's name but the Application ID with Capitalized Letters !!! On my older apps the "Product" name is the real app name. I really doesn't know if it has an effect for the Not-Serving ads, just a quick notice. 

Now my app is on the Store, it has already live users. I tried again to create a new adunit and call ads on my dev machine and again the same error response. 

George

Mobility in Life Applications

https://mlapplications.com 

M.I.L. Apps

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 10:41 AM
  • Hello piratebay01.

Did you get any feedback/solution for this problem?

I face the exact same behavior for new adunits that are live now in an already published app! 

I have opened a support ticket and provide as much info as I can and I'm waiting now for a response. The first response from MS was to "clear the cache" in the IE (probably for not showing data on the Ad Reports on Dev Center). The problem is not with the reporting at all, but with the Ad Serving!! I get the exact same error response for all new ad units (either banners, interstitials or video ads). 

The only strange thing I have noticed is that inside the Dev Center Webpage where I create new ad units, the "Product" name for my new app is not the app's name but the Application ID with Capitalized Letters !!! On my older apps the "Product" name is the real app name. I really doesn't know if it has an effect for the Not-Serving ads, just a quick notice. 

Now my app is on the Store, it has already live users. I tried again to create a new adunit and call ads on my dev machine and again the same error response. 

George

Mobility in Life Applications

https://mlapplications.com 

M.I.L. Apps

I already sent Microsoft team a support request 3 weeks ago, but still no result. They even don't understand problem. Yep I notice the same when try to create new Ad Unit. And Ad Unit usually don't create at first try, I have to do it again with same id to make new Ad Unit show on dashboard
    • Edited by wwapps Tuesday, June 25, 2019 3:35 AM
    Tuesday, June 25, 2019 3:33 AM
  • Lost revenue by developers...  This is the type of issue people should be working overtime to fix.  I've gone back to work on Christmas vacation to help fix lesser issues.  It should not take 3 weeks to figure out this issue.  For some developers that's a lot of lost revenue.

Start with Dashboard and review the ad units.  It's highly likely that the Product name containing the app ID is tied to the issue.  Microsoft has the ability to log into our accounts and review ad units.  

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 1:09 PM
  • Lost revenue by developers...  This is the type of issue people should be working overtime to fix.  I've gone back to work on Christmas vacation to help fix lesser issues.  It should not take 3 weeks to figure out this issue.  For some developers that's a lot of lost revenue.

Start with Dashboard and review the ad units.  It's highly likely that the Product name containing the app ID is tied to the issue.  Microsoft has the ability to log into our accounts and review ad units.  

I guess some Microsoft employee change a line code by mistake, replace app name by AppId when create new Ad Unit then BAMM, error occurred 😂😂😂 Then they don’t know how to fix
    Tuesday, June 25, 2019 4:42 PM
  • Hello to all. I think I am the right person to clarify the things, because I had the same problem and I have figured out what happened and how we solve it. Let’s start from the origin of the problem. I have create the adunits before even create a package on the submission page. I have create the app, a new one, fill the first two categories, type etc, and then I have create the adunits. The app name at this stage was the app I’d and not the app name. On the instructions it is not clear the order of the steps. Also, I didn’t have a COPPA section on the adunits form. That’s why no ad was serving (it is clear at the official docs that the COPPA section must be filled). Finally I guessed that the correct order is to upload a signed package and j the submission form without send for publishing. Then, cremate the adunits, then add them to the code, rebuild, resigne the package and trip load the new version and after that send for publishing! And how we solve it? We have opened two different support tickets (two by mistake, one was enough) with screenshots. After some days it was fixed and the ads began to show without having to upload any new version. Probably a manual fix was done from an MS person directly in the Ad serving system. Sorry for not providing any more details right now, it’s midnigh here and I am exhausted. I just trying to help others because many times I have receive help from others. Best regards to all. George Mobility in life applications

M.I.L. Apps

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 8:24 PM
  • Mobility, thanks for the additional info, but your assumption is incorrect.

There's never been an order to ad creation.  In the past we've always been able to create the ad units before the app was published.  If there is an order required now, the system needs to FORCE IT.

I've compared the apps of mine which are serving ads to the apps which are not.  The apps which are not serving ads do not have a COPPA section at the bottom of the ad unit page.  Even if you go create a new ad unit with a new app, the COPPA section is missing.  The apps which are serving ads always have a COPPA section at the bottom even when creating new ads.  So it seems that the issue not that we haven't filled out the COPPA section, it is that the COPPA section is unavailable.  This leads me to believe it is a Dashboard problem with new apps (which started recently) and has nothing to do with anything developers have done in the process.

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 12:03 AM
  • Hello to all. I think I am the right person to clarify the things, because I had the same problem and I have figured out what happened and how we solve it. Let’s start from the origin of the problem. I have create the adunits before even create a package on the submission page. I have create the app, a new one, fill the first two categories, type etc, and then I have create the adunits. The app name at this stage was the app I’d and not the app name. On the instructions it is not clear the order of the steps. Also, I didn’t have a COPPA section on the adunits form. That’s why no ad was serving (it is clear at the official docs that the COPPA section must be filled). Finally I guessed that the correct order is to upload a signed package and j the submission form without send for publishing. Then, cremate the adunits, then add them to the code, rebuild, resigne the package and trip load the new version and after that send for publishing! And how we solve it? We have opened two different support tickets (two by mistake, one was enough) with screenshots. After some days it was fixed and the ads began to show without having to upload any new version. Probably a manual fix was done from an MS person directly in the Ad serving system. Sorry for not providing any more details right now, it’s midnigh here and I am exhausted. I just trying to help others because many times I have receive help from others. Best regards to all. George Mobility in life applications

M.I.L. Apps

Thank M.I.L Apps, but I tried create another Ad Unit after published app, no luck!!!

MS support always suppose that have wrong in my code. They don't think problem at their side

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 1:33 AM
  • Are there any updates for this problem?

I have an older developer account and started with ads two weeks ago and found out:

- apps that have been pushed to the store before 2019 are able to have ad units with a proper name and COPPA settings

- for apps that are created in the partner center but never have been pushed to the store I can create ad units that show an ID instead of an app name and don't show COPPA settings

- for apps that I create now (9 july 2019) I can create ad units that show an ID instead of an app name and don't show COPPA settings

- A XAML AdControl hat points to an ad unit without COPPA settings, raises error "invalid server response"

- When I reported this to Microsoft I was asked to send my XAML code and a screenshot where the ad is supposed to be. But the problem occurs before I even write one line of code.

In earlier messages regarding this issue, I read that the problem dissapears after contacting Microsoft but I would appreciate an explanation so people with the same problem know when to expect a solution.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:23 PM
  • Are there any updates for this problem?

I have an older developer account and started with ads two weeks ago and found out:

- apps that have been pushed to the store before 2019 are able to have ad units with a proper name and COPPA settings

- for apps that are created in the partner center but never have been pushed to the store I can create ad units that show an ID instead of an app name and don't show COPPA settings

- for apps that I create now (9 july 2019) I can create ad units that show an ID instead of an app name and don't show COPPA settings

- A XAML AdControl hat points to an ad unit without COPPA settings, raises error "invalid server response"

- When I reported this to Microsoft I was asked to send my XAML code and a screenshot where the ad is supposed to be. But the problem occurs before I even write one line of code.

In earlier messages regarding this issue, I read that the problem dissapears after contacting Microsoft but I would appreciate an explanation so people with the same problem know when to expect a solution.

They fixed for created ad unit for a while. But now problem happen again
    Saturday, July 13, 2019 12:07 AM
  • Can we get this issue permanently fixed?  I had this issue with an app in June and it took 12 days to fix.  I've been waiting 7 days on another new app.  It's really horrible to lose 9-10 days of advertisement revenue waiting on Microsoft to fix this for each app.
    Thursday, July 25, 2019 12:12 PM