Publishing an App requiring prerequisites installed from the same location as the application RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am in the process of converting my VS2008 Office Application Add-ins to VS2015. I have completed everything and successfully published the applications with the option of downloading prerequisites from the Internet.

However, not everyone has Internet access at the time of installation of the application, so I would also like to publish my applications where the prerequisites are installed with the application.

Needless to say, I have checked the relevant prerequisites (.Net 4.5 and Visual Studio Tools), as well as choosing the option "Download prerequisites from the same location as my application".

This is when my problems start.

On publishing I receive the same error for both .Net 4.5 and VSTO: "To enable 'Download prequisites...you must download file...to your local machine."

I have downloaded the relevant files to both the Visual Studio SDK folders, the Microsoft SDK folders, and wherever else I thought might be an appropriate location.  I have followed the instructions given in the different MSDN articles.  I have tried everything to no avail.

I am starting to wonder that it is not at all possible to publish an application that allows prerequisites to be downloaded from the same location as the application.  Following all the instructions, nothing works.

My last resort is to post this question here in the hope that someone may have an answer.

I appreciate any assistance that could be afforded.

Kind regards,

Michael 

Monday, August 17, 2015 9:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

As far as I know, Visual Studio 2015 use InstallShield to create setup project by default. I suggest that you get more effective response from official support from InstallShield.

If I misunderstood, please feel free to let me know.

Regards & Fei 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 8:20 AM
  • Hi michael

You might have better luck asking this in the VSTO forum, rather than in this one which specializes in "Apps for Office" - a totally different technology. I'd move it there for you, but I don't have moderator permissions on "this side of the fence".

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 2:11 PM